Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wanted: Someone who could break my heart... again

Fact: A month ago I got my heart broken by someone who didn't deserve the honor. I dated someone for almost a year who never understood that in a relationship, you have to give as good as you get. He never felt about me what I felt about him.


So when I started to write this blog, I sat down after work one day and just started writing. I poured all the hurt and disappointment I have been feeling for the last 30 days or so into about 2000 words of verbal vomit. Where did all that get me? Well, it made me feel better and worse at the same time. I reread what I'd written the next day and realized that even though nothing about what happened was simple, I can condense everything you need to know about it into the statement above.


I'm not an authority on this relationship business. Seriously, trying to figure it all out just makes my face hurt. Right now I'm single, hurt and sad. I was with someone long enough to get into a pattern, and long enough to start thinking about the possibility that maybe this guy was the right one for me. Those thoughts are intoxicating - they kept me from seeing all those red flags that kept popping up over the last months of the relationship.


I don't when I'll meet Mr. Right, or if I ever will. I keep thinking that if I stay open to the possibility that it could be anyone, I'll find him or he will find me. I can't let one guy who broke my heart affect how I look at love or dating or any of it - or become a grouchy cynic with a houseful of cats ... because I'm better than that. So for now I'm staying positive and taking things a step at a time. I can't hold what happened with one guy against all the others - it's not fair! So while I proceed with caution, I still proceed. Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment