Monday, October 26, 2009

Get up offa that thang


Yes ladies and gentlemen, I'm feeling a bit funky today.


My last post was the last push to get all the nastiness of the breakup out of my system. That's right - I'm back and it's time to move toward something new and better! I decided this last night while soaking in some truly luxurious chocolate- scented bubbles (yeah I said chocolate and that's probably why I've been hungry all day. I smell a bit like a Hershey bar). I finally feel free of what happened. Yeah, I still think about it from time to time but not in a way that will push me back towards him. He's gone, and I've come out tougher and smarter.


So.... yeah. Operating under the assumption that good things come with a good attitude, I woke up this morning, donned my sexiest pair of cranberry patent heels, and strutted out the door singing Michael Jackson's "Bad".....


... and nearly tripped over a diamond ring. I'm not kidding. I did put it on, so I guess that means me and the landing at the apartment building are officially engaged to be married. Ha! If only I could let you-know-who know he's been replaced by poured concrete and steel! (either you're gonna appreciate that joke or not.... it could really go either way).


Work was productive, lunch was delicious, my hair looked great, and I may even hit the gym at some point.


It's time to let go, you know? I've gone through all the steps... deleted photos, old emails and his phone number. I un-friended him on Facebook, and have embraced peanut butter and chinese food once again (hello to my old friend, the peanut - how I missed you! even the slightest tinge of peanut on my breath would have reduced boy to a quivering blister in a matter of seconds! Although perhaps now I should just get a bb gun and a jar of them and go to town).


No, no. I'm done. I'm happy. And I'm BAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment