Monday, November 16, 2009

Things I am thankful for


Ok, I know that Thanksgiving is still 2 weeks away, but as someone who's been feeling down lately I have decided that it is a perfect time for me to stop dwelling on negatives and look at all the wonderful things in my life that I have to be thankful for.


There are all the big things, like I have a loving family, awesome friends, a cool job, cool apartment, etc. etc.... That was what you expected me to start listing off right? Well I am MOST thankful for all those people and things, but I thought a list about the little goofy things I love would be much more fun.


So here it is, I call it my "little things" list. I am thankful for:


• Chuck Norris. Start the list off right. I mean, who ISN'T thankful for Chuck Norris?


• Patent leather. Because it's awesome and shiny and comes in all colors of the rainbow. If you want to see me strut around like I own the world, put me in a pair of patent heels and just watch it happen.


• My Stewie pants. Fleece Stewies dancing all over my legs... need I say more? Best. Pants. Ever.


• People named Bruce. Bruce Willis, Bruce Campbell, Bruce Wayne, Bruce Lee, Bruce Springsteen, Dr. Bruce Banner...... even the robot shark in Jaws was named Bruce!


• More cowbell. Because I gotta have it.


• Guilty Pleasure TV. Real Housewives, Toddlers and Tiaras, Bridezillas, etc.... yeah I watch all that mindless crap and LOVE it.


Just about anything on the Food Network.


Any movie with either Jason Statham or Gerard Butler.


• Salted caramel brownies from Amelie's Bakery in NoDa. To die for!


• Football season. Even though my teams aren't doing very well ...


• Basketball season. Even though my teams aren't doing very well ... except the Spurs. Come to think of it ....


• Tim Duncan and the Spurs. It's time for Timmy to get another ring. Suck it Kobe!


• French Roast coffee. Black - no need to spoil the taste by adding a bunch of stuff.


• Seinfeld reruns. "Why don't we fly up to the moon and then drive around? That is the essence of male thinking right there!" Good stuff...


• Sushi. I could eat my weight in it.


• The guy who stood in front of me in line at the grocery store. I don't know who he was, but he had a great ass so I'm grateful he was there and had lots of groceries so I could take a nice long look.


• Tim Burton movies (exception: Planet of the Apes. blech.). As my boss says "only a twisted mind understands a twisted mind..."


• Phones with cameras on them. Because that lets us have websites like this.


• My Mac. Suck it PC.


• Pedicures. Yes, I am very VERY thankful for pedicures.


• Sharp-witted people. Tina Fey, Jon Stewart, Demitri Martin, Joel McHale and Chelsea Handler, I love you all.


• Ninjas. They keep you safe and you don't even know it.


• Any interview with Megan Fox. Keep talking to the press sweetie, your little nuggets of wisdom make me laugh so hard I almost pee myself. I think she is the reason guys wish hot girls came with a mute button.


-----


Ok, I have to cut myself off here... my happy little list of goodies is getting quite lengthy! Also, It's making me hungry ... so I'll wrap up by saying that I've been so lucky to have what I have and who I have in my life. I have so many things that I am thankful for every single day! I'm sure I'll post more as Thanksgiving approaches, because it really is that time of the year, when we really think about who and what (but especially who) matters to us! Cheers to that!

1 comment:

  1. Dear gawd, you are so right! I have NEVER met/ heard of a Bruce i didn't like/ think was awesome. Also, I'm stealing your idea. Early next week. I'll post a link to your page.

    ReplyDelete