Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Great Scott!


In case you haven't figured it out from some of my previous posts, I am a child of the 80s. They were a bright, delightful decade, and I mourn for those of you who missed them in all their acid-washed glory.

Yep. I love the 80s.

I love 80s movies. The 80s gave us some timeless gems, including The Terminator, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, The Goonies, Airplane!, Die Hard, Dirty Dancing, Rocky IV, Karate Kid, two of the three GOOD Star Wars movies and many many more.

The 80s gave us Back to the Future. Well, it gave us three of them but the first on is the only one I like. I was actually arguing with a friend over the trilogy recently because he thought I was crazy for not liking all three. Oh well, he has his own blog to sing the praises of one awesome movie and two painfully mediocre follow-ups.

You can catch his blog here. Your move Ryan. Don't make me call you yellow.


ANYway so correct me if I'm wrong, but every child of the 80s has seen Back to the Future, probably several dozen times. Every child of the 80s secretly wishes they drove a Delorean, and every child of the 80s remembers Marty McFly's Nike high tops that laced themselves up. I gotta admit, the part of Back to the Future II where they were actually IN the future was pretty bad ass. The shoes were bad ass... and I know every guy on this planet would love to have a pair of shoes that can lace themselves, am I right?


Well guys, now you can have them.

What?

Can it be?

Feast your eyes, baby. If you've got the green, you can have the shoes... and I'm talking THE shoes. The ones from the movie. So place your bids and let me know how it goes.

For the auction, click HERE.

1 comment: