Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ga Ga oooh la la


It always happens when you least expect it. Maybe you're driving down the road not completely paying attention to what's on the radio....


Maybe you can't remember where you heard it. Maybe, just maybe it played for 20 seconds in a commercial, which is just long enough for it's spidery fingers to reach deep into your brain and take hold.... wrapping around your subconscious like the warmest zebra print Snuggie....


You've been singing the same song in your head for four hours and you didn't realize it until.....


RIGHT


JUST


NOW.


Now the important thing to realize is, that panicking will just make it worse.


Stupid sexy pop music!


-----


I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. A catchy song can stay in my head for hours, days, and sometimes it will grow such deep roots it will stick around for WEEKS. The worst part? It's never the whole song is it? It's little pieces here and there!


So I've had Lady GaGa's "Bad Romance" stuck in my head since oh, say FEBRUARY. This morning I caught myself singing rah rah ooh la la while getting coffee and thought to myself:


"OK, I KNOW I LIKE THIS SONG, BUT WHY CAN'T I GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD?"


NO idea. It's still there. I have no solution. I ask questions with no answers sometimes and you're gonna have to deal with it.


-----


But all this head-singing got me to thinking about what songs get in my head and really stick. Since you know how much I love lists, I bet you know what's coming next....


My top 50 stuck-in-head songs (other than Bad Romance, obviously). For the Top 10 click the song title to get the video:


Chumbawumba, Tubthumping


Beyonce, All the Single Ladies (which I hear is one of the greatest videos of ALL TIME! ALL TIME!)


KT Tunstall, Suddenly I See


Bloodhound Gang, Bad Touch


Deep Blue Something, Breakfast at Tiffany's


Aqua, Barbie Girl


Ace of Base, The Sign


Black Eyed Peas, My Humps


Gwen Stefani, Hollaback Girl


Lady GaGa, Poker Face


• Fergie, Fergalicious

• Spice Girls, Wannabe

• *Nsync, Bye Bye Bye

• Proclaimers, 500 Miles

• Fountains of Wayne, Stacy's Mom

• Def Leppard, Pour Some Sugar On Me

• ABBA, Dancing Queen

• Usher, YEAH

• The Beatles, Yellow Submarine

• Toto, Africa

• Flo Rida, Low

• The Village People, YMCA

• Baha Men, Who Let the Dogs Out?

• Nancy Sinatra, These Boots are Made for Walking

• Hanson, MMMBop

• Shaggy, It Wasn't Me

• Falco, Amadeus

• Right Said Fred, I'm Too Sexy

• Dexy's Midnight Runners, Come on Eileen

• Eddie Money, Two Tickets to Paradise

• Gloria Gaynor, I WIll Survive

• New Kids on the Block, The Right Stuff

• Rihanna, Umbrella

• Billy Ray Cyrus, Achy Breaky Heart

• Ke$ha, Tik Tok

• The Foundations, Build Me Up Buttercup

• Plain White T's, Hey There Delilah

• Charlie Daniels, The Devil Went Down to Georgia

• Britney Spears, Hit Me Baby One More Time

• Nickelback, Rockstar

• Tom Petty, Free Fallin'

• Timbaland & One Republic, Apologize

• Europe, The Final Countdown

• Nelly, Hot in Herre

• Alanis Morissette, Ironic

• Lou Bega, Mambo #5

• Sir Mix-A-Lot, Baby Got Back

• Starship, We Built This City

• Toni Basil, Mickey

• Jackson 5, ABC


-----


Oh yes, I know what I've just done. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment