Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Okay I'll bite


Oh dear, sweet Ryan, I hate it when we fight like this. I had no idea when I threw down my little gauntlet that you'd take it so seriously. It's... adorable.

But let me say this. Getting into it with a ginger is not something for the faint of heart. Getting into it with a girl is treacherous. If you combine the two, well, you may not make it out alive. Are you sure you can handle it? And I must say, for someone who writes regularly on the failures and triumphs of today's cinematic efforts, you used a lot of photos to beef up that spirited post on what you claim to be some of your very favorite movies.


Is a photo worth 1000 words really? Well maybe, but if the first thing I see when I open your blog is a giant blank space with a little blue question mark, I'm not sure whether to scroll down or just move on, maybe check Facebook or something.


So already you start off at -1000. If this was Jeopardy, you'd be pretty screwed right off the bat.


But as I read, barring your little jab at the great John Hughes (what the hell, man? I'd look out for lightning if I were you), I find that I don't disagree with what your are saying for at least a few lines, until you call me a silly Ginger and refer to my opinion on Back to the Future Part II &III as bonkers...


Who says bonkers these days? -50.


Who argues with a hot girl? -100.


Then you use rottentomatoes.com and imdb.com, which I'll admit can support an argument for a film's merit, but really I think most of what appealed to people in those last two installations was the fact that they fell in love with Doc and Marty in the first movie.


And I'm only gonna say this once: Doc on LSD would pretty much be exactly the same, god bless him.


But hey, I'll give you 10 for effort. Yay you.


Now at this point I start to wonder if you are really enjoying a glass of wine (or the whole bottle) as you write because you just start saying crazy things.


Crispin Glover is the reason the movies were disappointing? You've gotta be kidding me. If they needed that character so bad, they'd have recast him. They did it for Jennifer and no one noticed or cared. That character, though key in the first movie, was a fairly unspectacular guy and could have been played by just about any random skinny white nerd.


I think you just wanted to put a photo of him surrounded by rats didn't you?


So for Back to the Future II, I say the parts that were actually IN the future were awesome, but the rest was just a stream of consciousness that was utterly forgettable.


And then Part III is in the old west? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.


Also, Mary Steenburgen is more annoying than that kid from The Santa Claus, which I also didn't like. But you probably loved it didn't you Ryan?


+20 for saying Mary Steenburgen was annoying.


-100 for liking The Santa Claus.


Finally, I haven't seen II and III in a while, but come on, don't you think I have better things to do with my time than watch mediocre sequels that just make me sad? Granted they weren't as bad as the Matrix sequels but I don't think me watching them again will prove anything to either of us.


Personally, I'd rather celebrate 80s movies that were awesome, not stew over what was less than.


If you were counting, here is your point total: -1220

I believe that's a FAIL.


Thank you for playing. I hope you have learned something today my dear.


Seacrest out.

No comments:

Post a Comment